It is EELISA’s mission to boost engineering, innovation, and entrepreneurship and to create a new model of engineer citizens ready to solve societal challenges through smart and sustainable solutions.
This call aims to foster multiskilling educational offers and joint educational initiatives needed to foster this new model.
To design and implement disciplinary broadening pilots suitable for multiskilling hybridizing engineering education, and, vice versa, suitable models for the multiskilling and hybridisation of professions that increasingly require the absorption of some knowledge from engineering.
⇒ Qualifying Activities:
- Joint Degrees (Bachelor, Master or Ph.D.)
- Seasonal Schools
- Blended Intensive Programs
- Any other educational activity that can answer the call objective
- The proposals should involve at least 2 EELISA partner Institutions AND the involvement of faculty members of 1 additional EELISA partner Institution (to promote mobility among faculty members). Student proposals are also allowed and encouraged, as long as they are backed by faculty members affiliated with their institution.
- The proposal should be presented at least 2 months before the planned execution, in case of a Seasonal School or of a BIP.
- Timing should be compatible with the procedures of the pertinent academic boards of the proponent institutions, particularly if ECTS should be awarded.
⇒ Added value will be awarded to the following criteria:
- To have organized or, at least, actively contributed to one WP8 Disciplinary Broadening Workshop. To this extent, the proposal could be submitted together with the design of a Disciplinary Broadening workshop, but its executions should precede the pilot activity to generate awareness, guarantee inclusiveness, and gather feedback from relevant stakeholders.
- The applicants can include a written statement in the proposal, like a diagnosis or a SWOT analysis, which is shared in advance with other EELISA partners, to explain the motivation behind the proposed pilot.
If such a Workshop has not been organized yet:
- Inclusion in the EELISA Courses Catalogue (WP2) Example: inclusion of the proposed activity in the EELISA catalogue OR complementarity with existing courses already included in the catalogue.
- Cooperation with EELISA Communities (WP4) Example: activities created in the framework of a Joint Call for Communities.
- Cooperation with EELISA Transfer Scientific Knowledge and Technical Skills into Education initiatives (WP5)
- Example: joint Ph.D., as well as Summer Schools organized in the Transfer Scientific Knowledge and Technical Skills into Education initiatives framework.
- Cooperation with EELISA innoCORE Clusters (innoCORE),
- Initiatives will be supported financially by the budget of SSSA and SNS in terms of PM efforts for the design, allocating up to 1 person-week of organizational efforts per each initiative (e.g., secretariat, managing subscriptions, communication actions, support in the analysis of institutional procedures and national accreditation rules liaising with WP3, etc.).
- Other direct costs (e.g., printing brochures and proceedings, catering for in-person initiatives, facilities, etc.) should be guaranteed by the hosting institutions or by the EELISA coordinator budget.
- In the case of Joint MSc, Ph.D. and similar pilots, the institutions promoting the initiative should guarantee the allocation of appropriate resources to implement the design and the execution.
- Initiatives already financed with financial support by the regular EELISA Calls could be framed in multiskilling pilots if they meet the multidisciplinary and multiskilling requirements of the call.
This call will be open from November 2022 to September 2023.