Open Science Week Workshop: What is Open Data, How Does It Support Science?
The event aims to disseminate open access practices throughout two sessions: The morning session (10:00-12:00) will start with the definition of open data, followed by presentations on national handling of research data, legal aspects, sectoral use, and research data management in universities, after the theoretical knowledge sharing. During the afternoon session (13:00-15:00), there will be a panel where valuable scientists from ITU from different disciplines share how they use open data applications in their scientific studies, and we will seek common solutions to the problems they encounter in this process.
The event is in Turkish, but it is open to anyone interesed.
09:00 – 11:00 (CEST) Morning Sessions
Moderator: Handan UĞUR, Istanbul Technical University
09:00-09:30 Keynote: What is Open Data?
– Doç. Dr. Şahika EROĞLU, Hacettepe University
09:30-09:50 Open Data with National Dimensions
– Ebru SOYUYÜCE AYDIN & Filiz MENGÜÇ, Turkish Academic Network and Information Center
09:50-10:10 Legal Aspect of Data Sharing
– Av. Okşan Gülşen UZ, Open Data and Technology Association Secretary General and Vice President
10:10-10:30 Use of Open Data in Industry Practices
– Prof. Dr. B. Berk ÜSTÜNDAĞ, Istanbul Technical University
10:30-10:50 Management of Research Data in Universities and Open Research Data
– Begüm YAVUZ, Veri Yöneticisi, İzmir Yüksek Teknoloji Enstitüsü
10:50 -11:00 Q&A
12:00 – 14:00 Afternoon Sessions
Panel: Evaluation of Open Data Practices
Moderator: Dr. Burcu BULUT, İstanbul Teknik Üniversitesi
– Doç. Dr. Emine Aslı ÇALKIVİK, Istanbul Technical University
– Doç. Dr. Nihan YILDIRIM, Istanbul Technical University
– Doç. Dr. Mehmet BAYSAN, Istanbul Technical University
– Prof. Dr. Hatice KÖSE, Istanbul Technical University
– Doç. Dr. Caner GÜNEY, Istanbul Technical University
October 26, from 10.00 am to 15.00 pm (TRT) – 09:00 to 14:00 (CEST)