R- Mechanisms, a circular@[action] series workshop on the debatable tactics of spacial circularity
This is the first workshop of the series and is aimed for the undergraduate students of all EELISA Alliance member Universities. It mimics a Fordian assembly line, seeking to meet the students and staff of the partner universities in terms of how they design and think from an abstract word, while re-naming and defining materials, texture, and behaviour during the process, and rethinking the meaning of ‘R’ (recycle, reuse, refuse, reproduce, repair, recover, rethink, reduce…). It is a highly theatrical, instructive, and hands-on exercise.
The workshop day includes the first seminar of the series, from-linear-to-circular 1 where different tactics for pursuing circularity will be the discussion. Finalising the event with an exhibition of the workshop, all participants will receive circular EELISA badges and certificates.
circular@[action] is a series of integrated activities structured to introduce an innovative and creative platform to rethink education in the European university and explore alternatives for responsive, inclusive and interactive learning environments and strong communities. Promoting the incorporation of a mindset that favours the transition to the circular economy, as stated in the Circular EELISA Community vision, the series spanning from January’23 to December’23 attempts to tackle the circular challenges and socio-civic competencies in the form of research by practice.
The integrated activities from the series are as follows:
– “R-mechanisms” and “from-linear-to-circular 1”, in Pisa, at SSSA between 19-20 January 2023.
– “Circular/in/action”, online with students and researchers from ITU, UPM and, SSSA, in March’23 (2 half-day workshop, date tbc).
– “Scales of negotiation” and from-linear-to-circular 2, in Madrid between 26-28 April 2023 April 23.
– Intensive Summer School and from-linear-to-circular 3, in Istanbul at ITU, August-September 23 (10-day summer school, date tbc).
– Internship on practice-based research, “Circulareventspace” and from-linear-to-circular 4, in Istanbul, installed at the designated space, November- December 23 (10-day workshop, date tbc).
While the activities incorporate staff and student mobilities in experiential learning and knowledge exchange built upon diverse perceptions and knowledge claims, each integrated associated activity uses an alternative methodology. Circularity is transformed into a manifest by which every locality adds upon different meanings while producing its responses to tackle the challenges.
The announcement of of the Selected Students will be the 2nd of December 2022, and they will be notified by email.
*Partial Fundings and support are available for students’ visa processes, travel, accommodation via their Institutions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLIYING
November 18th, 2022
January 19th and 20th, 2023
Onsite at Pisa