Discover PROPTECH and learn how to make cities and buildings more sustainable!
EELISA Community SusBCC is organising a Proptech Entepreneurship Hackathon, with 24 available onsite spots for students who wnat to trave to Madrid and participate!
This event has been designed in collaboration with companies such as FMHouse, the European Space Agency, Sacyr, IFMA Spain (International Facility Management Association), Veltis Rating and Ove Arup.
The activity provides an excellent opportunity for participating students to gain a global and comprehensive vision in order to generate new entrepreneurial and business ideas that support the improvement of efficiency and sustainability in our buildings, cities, and communities. It addresses the demands of today’s European society from a dual perspective:
– DIGITAL & EFFICIENT Buildings and cities: This involves the development of PROPTECH (Industry 4.0) to leverage the synergies and potential offered by digital trends.
– SUSTAINABILITY: through the perspective of responsible and sustainable investments (RSI) as a criterion of a new business philosophy for the selection of investments integrating ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria
This activity promotes awareness and commitment among tomorrow’s European professionals. It will take place in a creative and collaborative international environment with the participation of students, professors, researchers, and professionals.
What is this activity about?
The SUSBCC – PEHK (Proptech Entrepreneurship Hackathon) will be held in a face-to-face format from the 5th to 8th of June 2023 at the UPM’s School of Architecture in Madrid. It is open to all EELISA students, as well as professors, researchers, and professionals from our partners. The participation of professionals enriches the students’ experience.
The activity is structured as a large Role Play – Hackathon, in which students, organized into teams (future “start-ups”), participate in a condensed Proptech entrepreneurship program. The program includes the following:
– Identification of digital trends and technologies with innovative applications to foster efficient and sustainable buildings and cities. Students will explore five main digital trends to inspire business ideas through visits, activities, and workshops (WD1+WT2).
– Workshops to refine a business idea, providing information and knowledge on key instrumental issues for business model development (workshops WT3, WT4, and WT5).
– Training in transversal skills to develop marketing and communication strategies (workshops WT6 and WT7).
– The Hackathon involves formulating a business proposal that will compete in a Mock Investors’ Forum. This forum simulates the process of seeking funding and rewards the most promising start-ups with the greatest potential for impact on the market from the PROPTECH and ESG perspectives. The aim is to promote more efficient and sustainable buildings, cities, and communities.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.