Let’s find solutions to the unmet needs in healthcare!
What are the possible solutions to the unmet needs in healthcare? Finding the answer to this question is the purpose of this course organised by the EELISA Health in the City Community.
Representatives of all the agents involved in the health ecosystem will meet with students from different specialties to create a dialogue and deveolp solutions. Through a short series of presentations, students and also speakers will learn about the different points of view of doctors, patients, managers, management and technology providers, based on their first-hand experience. Then, students will be working in small groups mentored by a professor, and offer their proposals on the search for new solutions involving emerging technologies, which will initially be discussed with the panel to refine them through a first round of presentations.
These proposals will be refined and completed offline internally within the groups with their mentors, and finally presented to the panel in the second round of presentations, with the aim of obtaining well-defined ideas in the form of proposals for new innovation, research or translation projects.
Overall learning outcomes:
– Knowledge of unmet needs in healthcare
– Awareness of the applicability of emerging technologies in the field of health.
– Understanding of the need to use patient-centered methodologies to improve healthcare delivery.
– Understanding the need for citizens, with greater access to information and technology, to be active participants in the care of their health and that of all.
– Willingness to propose disruptive technological solutions in the field of health
This is two-week course a Monday to Friday course, from 1 PM to 2:45 PM (CET) that amounts to a total of 20 hours of lectures plus an estimated 6 additional hours of group work.
From February 20th to March 3rd, 2023
1PM to 2:45 PM (CET)
Online, a link will be provided after registration