Learn to use design as a tool to help the elderly with this workshop!
Do you know how you can use Design Thinking and Social Innovation to make an impact on society? Take this opportunity to learn about these concepts put them into practice by proposing ideas to help elder people face the challenges of today’s society.
Through this seminar you will learn how o use “Design” as a tool for social and economic development, approaching the definition of a product with a methodological approach in Design Thinking. The aim of this activity is to apply this skills to achieve a greater integration of the elderly in society while highliting their value in society.
The activity consists of two parts: On the first day, students will attend several workshops on Design Thinking and Social Innovation; while during the second day they will get the chance to present those those concepts and apply them during a hackathon.
This activity involves three universities (UPM, ITU and UPB) and researchers and teachers from three EELISA Communities: Egalitarian Societies: Opportunities for Everyone; Industrial Design for Human; and Tech Diplomacy & International Cooperation
– Workshop on Design Thinking Principles (UPB – Mihai Svasta, Loredana Manasia and Gratiela Ianos, Egalitarian Societies: Opportunities for Everyone)
– Workshop on Social Innovation with Design Thinking (ITU – Cigdem Kaya, Egalitarian Societies: Opportunities for Everyone)
– Workshop on Service-learning and community engagement through Design Thinking (UPM – Óscar Santos, Cristina Alia and Piera Maresca, Community Industrial Design For Human (ID4H))
– Presentation of Topic 1: Home for elderly (ITÜ – Tolga Ilter, Egalitarian Societies: Opportunities for Everyone)
– Presentation of Topic 2: Digital Literacy for Elderly (UPM – Susana Muñoz – Community Technology Diplomacy & International Cooperation)
– Presentation of Topic 3: Elderly pedestrian (UPM – Begoña Guirao (online), Egalitarian Societies: Opportunities for Everyone)
– Presentation of the Challenge for the Hackathon
– Hackathon: Work in teams of three people, made up of students from different universities guided by mentors from the three communities
February 19th, 2023
From the 16th of March tho the 17th March, 2023
On-site, at Universitatea Politehnica din București (UPB)